If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (253) 851-6711

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Pool room mold damage

6/30/2020 (Permalink)

Mold is primarily caused by excess moisture in different areas. The best way to handle a mold problem is to bring in a mold specialist also known as a Mold Hygienist, they can properly determine how much mold is there and how dangerous it might be. A mold hygienist will compile their test results and create an action plan. They can give this information to the home owner or to us with the proper steps in cleaning the affected areas and your belongings the correct way.

Recently we had a mold damage in a pool room, the pool was in a room with very little ventilation. It looks like it was used as an exercise room as well. What started as a little mold spot grew and spread throughout the entire room. When you have humidity, moisture and poor ventilation that is a recipe for mold disaster. 

Our trained technicians went right to work removing all drywall and insulation within that room. They vacuumed and HEPA vacuumed all areas within the pool area. To be extra precautionary our technicians fogged all areas within the home and applied special treatment to prevent any further growth or damage from mold.

We were able to provide a triple treatment for these customers to ensure that the mold was fully remediated. Mold is not something you want to mess with, as stated above it can cause health effects.

Here are SERVPRO of Gig Harbor/North Tacoma we are here to help you through your mold damage, our technicians are here to put you and your family at ease. Trust you are in good and capable hands with us. 

Other News

View Recent Posts