If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (253) 851-6711

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How electrical fires start

4/7/2021 (Permalink)

Electricity can be a scary element to work with. In our industry, we have found that electrical fires can be just as damaging as a fire caused by a flame.

Electrical fires can be scarier for the fact that they can typically start within a wall. Meaning the flame will not be out in the open at first until it breaks a barrier of some sort. Another fact about electrical fires is, they are usually contained well. Unlike a flame spreading throughout a home and its contents, an electrical fire takes more time because those wires are going through a heating up process behind walls and then they break through barriers such as walls, appliances, outlets, etc.

How do electrical fires begin?

Most electrical fires can be triggered by faulty or old outlets, outdated cords or appliances. It can also be due to overloading a circuit, common household items such as: space heaters or too many Christmas lights, extension cords, dated extension cords.

Some cords have asbestos within them. Its inside a fabric that wraps the wires together within the cord.

We understand and know that electricians can run costly, it is a special art form. In the bigger picture, it’s better to pay a smaller expense in maintaining and having someone check out your wiring to ensure you won’t have any electrical fire surprises. We understand, it’s like having a wedding ring and getting the prongs checked or having an entire antique wedding ring rebuilt. Its going to be costly, however you save losing what is really important in the long run.

If you have any questions for us, call our office today at 253-851-6711. We are here to help.

Other News

View Recent Posts